Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Elliott Walter Band (Duo)



In the summer of 1987, Scott Landon left the band.  Jerrel and I decided to continue performing as a duo because we could now augment any extra instrument by pre-recording it in our studio.  We were booked regularly at The Ramada Inn on the Southwest Freeway, The Holiday Inn on the Seawall in Galveston, The Grand Hotel near the Galleria, The Forest Club in Kingwood, and The Holiday Inn @11160 Southwest Freeway.  Jerrel and I were still making plans to perform regularly and we were in the process of recording our next album when Jerrel died suddenly (November 10, 1991)


I spent a couple of months finishing the album and liquidating the recording studio. I had a few offers to join other musical groups, but decided to pursue other avenues.  I was a substitute teacher for a few months, then I got a job at Allied Van Lines selling international moves.  In October 1994, I  accepted a position with an investment firm in Sugar Land Texas called Dearborn and Creggs.  I retired on December 31, 2010. 

No comments: